Friday, August 13, 2004

Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200

Yesterday, I discovered Left Behind-The Movie TM Board Game (yes, that’s the official title). I especially enjoy the flames of hell that appear at one corner of the board. I wonder if the loser misses out on the rapture and is forced to spend eternity on a post-apocalyptic earth (insert your own joke about New Jersey).

How do you market a game like that? Imagine being in the marketing meeting trying to come up with slogans for the game.

  • “You’re not just playing to win, you’re playing for your life.”
  • “Buy the board game or Kirk Cameron will make a sequel. Go ahead; test us.”
  • “The most important board game – ever.”
  • “The board game that will save your friends from hell.”
I wonder if they have Left Behind lunchboxes?

1 comment:

corn chowder said...

Firstly, I'll admit that I've never read any of the "Left Behind" series. Actually, in general, I've only ever read one piece of Christian fiction, "The Pilgrim's Progress".

I guess I find myself terrified that I'm on the same team as Kirk Cameron.

I wonder if there's a higher rate of depression and anxiety amongst people who read the series.

Have you played the "Left Behind" computer game? I haven't (and don't intend to) but sadly, I have seen it in store.